Shutterfly Official Rules
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR TO WIN. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED. A PURCHASE WILL NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. PARTICIPATION IN THE MARIE KONDO SHUTTERFLY PROMOTION CONSTITUTES YOUR AGREEMENT TO BE BOUND BY THESE OFFICIAL RULES.
By entering the Marie Kondo Shutterfly Promotion (the “Sweepstakes”) you agree to abide by all terms and conditions referenced in these Official Rules. Individuals who participate in the Sweepstakes are referred to herein as “Entrants” and each an “Entrant.”
- ELIGIBILITY: The Sweepstakes is only open to Entrants who are 18 years of age or older and a legal resident of the fifty (50) United States (Except Rhode Island) or the District of Columbia. Void where prohibited, taxed or restricted by law. Employees, agents, officers, directors, members, managers, and owners of the Sweepstakes sponsor, KonMari Media, Inc. (“KMI” or “Sponsor” or “Administrator”), Shutterfly, LLC (“Shutterfly”), and each of their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, owners, members, directors, managers, officers, employees and their advertising agencies, promotional partners and prize providers associated with this Sweepstakes (collectively, the “Sweepstakes Entities” and each a “Sweepstakes Entity”), and their immediate families (spouse, domestic partner, parents, legal guardians, grandparents, grandchildren, siblings, children and “step” of each) and those individuals living in their same household are NOT eligible to enter or win.
- SWEEPSTAKES TIMING: Eligible Entrants may enter the Sweepstakes beginning at 12:01 a.m. Pacific Time (“PT”) on April 11, 2022 and ending at 11:59 p.m. PT on April 14, 2022 (the “Sweepstakes Period”).
- HOW TO ENTER: Two Ways to Enter:
- Entry Limit: Limit two (2) Entries, one (1) Facebook Entry and one (1) Instagram Entry per person/authorized Facebook or Instagram account holder during the Sweepstakes Period (maximum of two (2) Entries). Any attempt by any person to submit more than the stated number of Entries by using multiple/different accounts, phone number accounts or any other methods will void that person’s Sweepstakes Entries and that person will be disqualified. Sweepstakes Entries must be submitted during the Sweepstakes Period in strict accordance with the instructions and restrictions in these Official Rules. Entries may not be made jointly or by any group and may only be made by an individual. Proof of submitting an Entry other than as detailed above (such as a printed or copied confirmation screen or message) does not constitute actual receipt of the entry for purposes of this Sweepstakes. Administrator’s computer will be the official time clock for each Sweepstakes. All Entries become the sole property of the Sponsor and receipt of Entries will not be acknowledged or returned. Those who do not follow all of the instructions, provide the required information in their Entry, or abide by these Official Rules will be disqualified.
- WINNER SELECTION/PRIZES/APPROXIMATE RETAIL VALUES (“ARV”): The winners will be selected as follows:One (1) Grand Prize includes: one (1) Gift Card for $450 on Shutterfly.com and one (1) one-hour private virtual consultation(s) with a certified KonMari consulatant (subject to consultant availability as determined at the sole discretion of the Sponsor). The Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”) of the Grand Prize is $600. Limit one (1) Grand Prize per Grand Prize winner.Five (5) Prizes includes: signed book sets including Marie Kondo’s Life Changing Magic and Spark Joy (specific book titles subject to change at the sole discretion of the Sponsor). The ARV of each Prize is $20. Limit One (1) Prize per Prize winnerThe ARV of all prizes combined: $700.Any and all guarantees and warranties for merchandise prizes are subject to the manufacturer’s terms and conditions, and winners agree to look solely to such manufacturers for any such warranty or guarantee claim. Certain conditions and restrictions may apply.No portion of the prize may be transferred or substituted, except by Sponsor (in its sole discretion), which reserves the right to substitute any portion of the prize with a prize of equal or greater value for any reason, including, without limitation, prize unavailability. All expenses not specifically identified as included in the prize are the sole responsibility of the winners. The prizes, and all elements thereof, are subject to availability.Acceptance, participation in and/or use of a prize is at winner’s sole risk and Sponsor is not responsible for any damages whatsoever including special, indirect, or consequential damages, arising out of or in connection with the use and/or misuse of a prize.Winners will be solely responsible for any and all federal, state and local taxes and fees and other expenses associated with his/her prize receipt and/or use that are not expressly included in the prize description.
- WINNERS & PRIZE FULFILLMENT: The winners will be notified, confirmed and prizes fulfilled as follows:The potential winners will be notified on or about April 22, 2022 via direct message to their Instagram or Facebook accounts the potential winners used to enter. The potential winners will have forty-eight (48) hours from the time of notification to respond by completing the digital form linked to in the direct message confirming their eligibility, first and last names, email addresses, shipping addresses and daytime phone numbers. Failure to respond to the Instagram or Facebook direct message within the designated time periods will result in automatic forfeiture of the relevant prize.The Grand Prize and Prizes will be shipped to confirmed winners at the addresses provided by the winners approximately six (6) weeks following winner confirmation. Return of any prize notification or prize as undeliverable may, in the Sponsor’s sole discretion, result in disqualification and forfeiture of prize. Upon prize forfeiture, no compensation will be given, and an alternate winner may be selected at random as the potential Grand Prize winner, time and circumstances permitting. Sponsor and Administrator are not responsible for any lost or stolen prizes after shipment.
- GENERAL CONDITIONS: The Sweepstakes Entities are not responsible for late, lost, damaged, misdirected, incomplete, illegible, undeliverable, destroyed, and/or undeliverable or incomplete entries due to system errors or failures, or faulty transmissions and/or entries not received resulting from any hardware or software failures of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, or failed, incomplete or garbled computer or telephone transmissions, or for any problems or technical malfunction(s) of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers or providers, computer equipment, or entries not received by Sponsor on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on computer networks, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to participant’s or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participating in the Sweepstakes or downloading any material for the Sweepstakes, or other telecommunications malfunctions which may limit an Entrant’s ability to participate. Sponsor may prohibit an Entrant from participating in the Sweepstakes or winning the prize if, in its sole discretion, it determines that said Entrant is attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes by cheating, hacking, deception, or other unfair playing practices (including the use of automated quick entry programs) or intending to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other Entrants or Sponsor representatives. Any attempt by any person to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes is a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. If for any reason this Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned, including, but not limited to, infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, or any other causes beyond the reasonable control of Sponsor which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes, then Sponsor reserves its right at its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes.To the maximum extent permitted by law, IN NO EVENT WILL THE SWEEPSTAKES ENTITIES BE RESPONSIBLE OR OTHERWISE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OR LOSSES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES RELATED TO THE SWEEPSTAKES, INCLUDING ANY ACCESS TO OR USE OF THE WEBSITE OR ANY DOWNLOADING FROM OR PRINTING MATERIAL FROM THE WEBSITE. EVERYTHING ON THE WEBSITE IS PROVIDED “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. SOME JURISDICTIONS MAY NOT ALLOW LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES SO SOME OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY. WINNERS AGREE THAT ALL PRIZES ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY, REPRESENTATION, OR GUARANTEE, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, IN FACT OR IN LAW, WHETHER NOW KNOWN OR HEREINAFTER ENACTED, RELATIVE TO THE USE OR ENJOYMENT OF THE PRIZE, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ITS QUALITY, MERCHANTABILITY, OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. FURTHER, NO RESPONSIBILITIES ARE ACCEPTED FOR ANY ADDITIONAL EXPENSES, OMISSIONS, DELAYS, OR RE-ROUTING RESULTING FROM ANY ACTS OF ANY GOVERNMENT OR AUTHORITY.
- ADDITIONAL TERMS: This Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws. By entering, Entrant agrees to accept and abide by these Official Rules and agrees that any dispute with regard to the conduct of this Sweepstakes, rule interpretation or award of prize, shall be resolved by Sponsor, whose decision shall be binding and final. By entering, Entrant agrees to be notified using the contact information provided by the Entrant by the Sponsor for the purposes of the administration of this Sweepstakes. By participating, Entrant agrees to release and hold harmless the Sweepstakes Entities from any injury, loss or damage to person, including death or property damage due in-whole or in-part, directly or indirectly to the acceptance, use, or misuse of a prize (including any travel/activity related thereto), participation in any Sweepstakes-related activity, or participation in the Sweepstakes. Sponsor is not responsible for any typographical, printing, or other error in the printing of these Official Rules, or any network, computer, mechanical, electronic, human or other errors or problems in connection with this Sweepstakes, including, without limitation, any errors or problems which may occur in connection with the administration of the Sweepstakes, the processing of Sweepstakes Entries, phone calls, or emails, or in the announcement of prizes, including such error that may give an erroneous indication that a prize has been won. All Sweepstakes Entries become the property of the Sponsor and are not returnable.
- DISPUTES/GOVERNING LAW: Except where prohibited, as a condition of participating in this Sweepstakes, each Entrant agrees that: (i) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the appropriate state or federal court located in San Francisco, California; (ii) any and all claims, judgments and awards on behalf of Entrant shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, if any, including costs associated with entering this Sweepstakes, but in no event attorneys’ fees, and in no event to exceed two hundred fifty dollars ($250); and (iii) under no circumstances will Entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and Entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased; and (iv) this Sweepstakes and any dispute arising under or related thereto (whether for breach of contract, tortious conduct or otherwise) will be governed by the internal laws of the State of California without giving effect to its conflicts of law or choice of law principles or rules that would cause the application of any other state’s laws.
- WINNERS’ LIST: To receive the name of the winners, please send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to be received by May 31, 2022 to: KonMari Shutterfly Promotion Winners’ List, Attn: Sports and Entertainment Department, 800 Concar Drive, San Mateo, CA 94402.
Sponsored and adminstered by KonMari Media, 800 Concar Drive, San Mateo, CA 94402.
The Sweepstakes is not in any way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Instagram, Facebook, or any other social media platform.